Since Tuesday's meltdown, things have gotten better. Not by leaps and bounds, but incrementally. Inches, really. But as someone who has managed to maintain the same weight for almost a month now but is finding her clothes fitting looser I can tell you that inches count in their own way.
I had this whole long thing written about what's going on in my head for the past few weeks (and years), but then I decided that it isn't necessary. Not now, at least. Not yet. I spent most of Wednesday taking steps and making plans to start seeing a therapist (and to finally find myself a primary care physician). Just like with maintenance, finally dealing with these issues is the start of a life-long journey and there will be plenty of time to talk about all of that down the road.
So, instead, I'm going to talk about some of the positive things going on in my life right now!
1) The 2013 Cleveland International Film Festival starts up in about a month! I'm not volunteering this year (with 800, I think their supply may outmatch the demand), but I'll have a pass and, thanks to my work schedule, six glorious days of nothing but films, films, films. Of course, not volunteering means no volunteer t-shirt so I'll just have to buy a regular festival shirt from the merchandise counter. Hellooooo Medium.
2) Speaking of independent films, remember back in the summer when I hung out with actor Tony Hale for a day as an extra on an independent film? That movie, The Kings of Summer, is the opening night film for the festival and Papa G. and I are planning on going! In all the years I've been to CIFF this will be the first time I've ever attended the Opening Night Gala and I am sooooooooooooooo (gasp) oooooooooooo excited. Even if you can't see me on screen, just watching a independent film that I was a part of will be satisfaction enough.
3) Papa G. and I are also going to be seeing Fleetwood Mac in concert in June. Holla!
4) If there's one thing I learned over the past few days it's that I have the most amazingly supportive network of family and friends. I love you all and thanks to everyone who has left me kind comments and emails. It means so much to know that I'm not alone in this part of the journey.
5) My two pairs of yoga/running pants are getting to be big (the one pair has been too big for about six months now), so yesterday I did some retail therapy shopping off the Target clearance racks. Not only found some fabulous new pants but picked up this bright pink athletic jacket as well! I love that it perfectly matches my Polar FT4 and my Minimus shoes. The entire outfit makes me feel like a fierce fitness bad ass.
6) The St. Malachi Five Mile Run is next weekend! Looking at the results from last year, I think this is going to end up being my biggest Cleveland race thus far. Not 15,000 big, but couple thousand at least. Because it's St. Patrick's Day weekend, I think I may need to trade in my usual TARDIS knee-high socks for shamrock ones.
7) I've still been on the search for the perfect sports bra, but earlier this week I was able to use my Old Navy credit card rewards to buy a Moving Comfort Fiona bra from Athleta for a steal (seriously. Like, $6). Who knew I could get so excited over a sports bra?
8) Thanks to a friend's upcoming late summer wedding, a trip to Savannah is in the works. I visited the city once many many moons ago, but only for a few hours so I didn't see much. This will be over a holiday weekend so I'll have plenty of time to explore the city and relax (and hopefully seeing my friend Alexis!)
What are some of the positive events going on in your life right now?
Love from the ashes,